This paper aims to study and analyze the implementation of teacher certification regulations in Kuala Simpang, Aceh Tamiang Regency. This analysis uses several factors found by Edward III in the form of communication, resources, disposition, and bureaucratic structure. A qualitative descriptive approach is used in this paper. The results found showed that in the process of applying certification at the Aceh Tamiang education office, it had not yet proceeded effectively demanding several constraints such as lack of facilities and infrastructure, and inconsistent regulations that made it difficult for teachers. This has caused teachers to be unable and ineligible in completing lesson plans, there are still some teachers who are found to lack discipline and bad attitudes and certification are only considered for welfare and personal gain. Thus it can be stated that the certification program has not played an important role in teacher professionalism.
Key words: Policy Implementation, Certification,Teacher’s Professionalism, Edward III Approach.
2. Edward, G. C. (1980). Implementing Public Policy. Washington DC: Texas A&M Congressional University: Congressional Quaartterlt Press.
3. Fahmi, M., Maulana, A., & Yusuf, r. A. (2011). Teacher Certification in Indonesia: A Confusion of Means and Ends. Center for Economic and Development Studies, 1-20.
4. Khan, Z. N. (2013). Need for Improvement of Teacher Education In the New Millennium. International Journal of Secondary Education, 1(2), 4-7. doi:doi: 10.11648/j.ijsedu.20130102.11
5. Kurniawan, B. D. (2011). Implementasi Kebijakan Sertifikasi Guru dalam Rangka Meningkatkan Profesionalitas Guru di Kota Yogyakarta. Jurnal Studi Pemerintahan, 2(2). doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.18196/jgp.2011.0015
6. Kusnandar, I. (2018). Analysis of Certificatiion Policy Implementation. Journal of Education, Teaching and Learning, 129-134. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.26737/jetl.v3i1.602
7. Prasertcharoensuk, T., Somprach, K.-l., & Ngang, T. K. (2015). Influence of Teacher Competency Factors and Students Life Skills on Learning Achievement. Procedia- Social and Behavioral Science, 566-572. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.021
8. Supriatna, E. (2006). Administrasi Birokrasi dan Pelayanan Publik. Jakarta: Nimas Multima.