The objective of the study was to find out organizational culture in the Kisaran Barat Sub-district Office, Asahan Regency, North Sumatera. The study used a qualitative method, and the data were gathered by conducting interviews with 8 informants who worked at the Sub-district Office. The result of the study showed that organizational culture at this office was in the good category even though there was a decrease in achievement and performance. The employees’ service was also in the good category since they have applied a principle that people who need their service are “the king” who has to be humbly served. On the other hand, it can be noted that their capacity to comply with the rules applied at the office is bad. This is due to the many obstacles faced in creating a good work culture, one of which is inconsistent regulations and reward and punishment system is not performed well.
Key words: Organizational Culture, Service, Employees’ Performance
2. Ahmed, M., & Shafiq, S. (2014). The Impact of Organizational Culture on Organizational Performance: A Case Study of Telecom Sector The Impact of Organizational Culture on Organizational Performance: A Case Study of Telecom Sector. Global Journal of Management and Business Research: A Administration and Management.
3. Ehtesham, U. M., Muhammad, T. M., & Muhammad, S. A. (2011). Relationship between Organizational Culture and Performance Management Practices: A Case of University in Pakistan. Journal of Competitiveness.
4. Goromonzi, W. O. (2016). Organizational culture, strategy implementation and commercial bank performance in Zimbabwe. International Review of Management and Marketing.
5. Janicijevic, N. (2012). Organizational culture and strategy. Ekonomika Preduzeca. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekopre1204127j
6. Kumar, A. (2016). Redefined and Importance of Organizational Culture. Global Journal of Management And Business Research: A Administration and Management, 16(4). Retrieved from https://globaljournals.org/GJMBR_Volume16/3-Redefined-and-Importance.pdf
7. Meško Štok, Z., Markič, M., Bertoncelj, A., & Meško, M. (2010). Elements of organizational culture leading to. Zb. Rad. Ekon. Fak. Rij.
8. Sambali, novayanti prameta. (2015). Pengaruh kompetensi, budaya kerja dan fasilitas kerja terhadap kinerja pegawai perwakilan badan kependudukan dan keluarga berencana nasional provinsi sulawesi tengah. 3, 157–166.
9. Yogaswara, Y. (2015). Pengaruh Budaya Organisasi dan Kedisiplinan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Bagian Penjualan pada PT. Altrak 78 Cabang Pekanbaru. Jom Fekom, 2(1), 1–15.