THE MANAGEMENT OF BORDER AREA BETWEEN INDONESIA REPUBLIC AND PAPUA NEW GUINEA IN SOTA REGION OF MERAUKE DISTRICT
The border management in all of Indonesia areas is one of integral part of State management; it is implemented by comprehensive approach consist of three dimensions of border management as follows prosperity, security, and environmental management of State border area, implemented by applying an approach oriented to security and environment. This research aims to analyze security management and community prosperity of border area in Sota Region called RI-PING of Merauke District. Quantitative research is one of research method by collecting data and information gotten directly from informant through observation process, interview and documentation on a field notification form, interviewing transcript, empirical data documentation. The security research analysis becomes a successful keys of a State onto keeping community sovereignty of State stability being the main support in a border area to increase human resources, economy competitiveness, and community’s prosperity become main target of the State security sovereignty. The lack quality of human resource as an impact of minimum facility and infrastructure of education is as well as healthy. The security of the border area faces various obstacles, the minimum facility and infrastructure consist of road infrastructure hasn’t been sufficient, the wide region with characteristics of a difficult border to reach necessary means of supporting surveillance activities to bolster security in the border area. Community’s prosperity frontier regions suffered a failed human resource, skills are still low, and the economy of the community is traditional.
2. Bappenas. 2006. “Poverty Reduction in Indonesia: A Brief Review of Facts, Efforst and Ways Forward.” Forum on National Plans and PRSPs in East Asia.
3. Blanchard, Jean-Marc F. 2018. China’s Maritime Silk Road Initiative and South Asia: A Political Economic Analysis of Its Purposes, Perils, and Promise. Palgrave Studies in Asia-Pacific Political Economy. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5239-2.
4. Brunet-Jailly, Emmanuel. 2017. Borderlands : Comparing Border Security in North America and Europe. Borderlands : Comparing Border Security in North America and Europe. https://doi.org/10.26530/oapen_578784.
5. Campbell, Ralph N., and George R. Terry. 2006. “Principles of Management.” Industrial and Labor Relations Review. https://doi.org/10.2307/2518875.
6. “Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries.” 2012. In UNCLOS 1982 Commentary. https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004215627_011.
7. Eben E. Siadari. 27AD. “Data BPS: Penduduk Asli Jadi Minoritas Di 5 Wilayah Papua.” SATUHARAPAN.COM . 27AD.
8. Effendi, Usman. 2006. “Pembelajaran Publik : Suatu Upaya Pencegahan Dan Penanggulangan Korupsi.” Portal Garuda.
9. Gunawan, Aditya Batara. 2017. “Civilian Control and Defense Policy in Indonesia’s Nascent Democracy.” In Reforming Civil-Military Relations in New Democracies: Democratic Control and Military Effectiveness in Comparative Perspectives. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-53189-2_7.
10. Guo, Rongxing. 2015. Cross-Border Management: Theory, Method and Application. Cross-Border Management: Theory, Method and Application. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45156-4.
11. Gutierrez, David G., and Oscar J. Martinez. 2006. “Border People: Life and Society in the U. S.-Mexico Borderlands.” The Western Historical Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.2307/970665.
12. Helliwell, John F. 2000. How Much Do National Borders Matter? The Canadian Journal of Economics / Revue Canadienne d’Economique.
13. Henry, O. 2012. “Henry Fayol (1841-1925): State Reform as Entrepreneurship .” Un Entrepreneur de Réforme de l’État : Henri Fayol (1841-1925).
14. Hersey, Paul, and Kenneth H. Blanchard. 1996. “Great Ideas: Revisiting the Life-Cycle Theory of Leadership.” Training & Development.
15. Indonesia, Presiden Republik. 2008. “Undang-Undang Nomor 43 Tahun 2008 Tentang : Wilayah Negara.” Undang-Undang Nomor 43 Tahun 2008 : Wilayah Negara.
16. Keban, Yeremias T. 2004. “Enam Dimensi Strategis Administrasi Publik: Konsep.” Teori Dan Isu, Yogyakarta: Gava Media. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2016.05.001.
17. Mann, Michael. 2013. The Sources of Social Power. The Sources of Social Power. https://doi.org/10.1017/cbo9781139236782.
18. Pratikno. 2007. “Governance Dan Krisis Teori Organisasi.” JKAP (Jurnal Kebijakan Dan Administrasi Publik).
19. PU, Kementerian. 2008. “PP No. 26 Tahun 2008 Tentang Rencana Tata Ruang Wilayah Nasional.” Pemerintah Republik Indonesia. 2008.
20. Ricklefs, M. C. 2015. A History of Modern Indonesia since c. 1300. A History of Modern Indonesia since c. 1300. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-22700-6.
21. Silalahi, Ulber. 2010. Metode Penelitian Sosial. PT Refika Aditama. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2008-1040325.
22. Sumarsono, Sonny. 2004. “Metode Riset Sumber Daya Manusia.” In Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu, Edisi Pertama.
23. Tirtosudarmo, Riwanto. 2005. “The Orang Melayu and Orang Jawa in the ‘Lands Below the Winds .’” CRISE.
24. Ulfa, Nadlirotul, Desiana Rizka Fimmastuti, and Anisa Nur Nia Rahmah. 2018. “Hard and Soft Border Paradigm for Border Governance in Indonesia: A General Review.” Politik Indonesia: Indonesian Political Science Review. https://doi.org/10.15294/jpi.v3i1.9396.
25. Ullman, Edward L., Stephen B. Jones, and S. Whittemore Boggs. 2006. “Boundary-Making: A Handbook for Statesmen, Treaty Editors, and Boundary Commissioners.” Political Science Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.2307/2144171.
26. UN. 1982. United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea Act. The International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law. https://doi.org/10.1163/15718089720491594.
27. UU No.27. 2007. UU No. 26 Tahun 2007 Tentang Penataan Ruang. Kementerian Pekerjaan Umum Dan Perumahan Rakyat.
28. Wahyuni, Putu Ika, IPG Ardhana, and I Nyoman Sunarta. 2008. “Evaluation of Ecotourism Development in Ngurah Rai Forest Park.” Ecotropic.
29. Wuryandari, Ganewati, R.R Emilia Yustiningrum, Nanto Sriyanto, and Athiqah Nur Alami. 2017. “Understanding Indonesia’s Foreign Policy on Energy Security Issues.” In Foreign Policy and Energy Security Issues in Indonesia. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-4421-2_5.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.