Corporate sustainability and economic business activities are focused on the social and environmental impacts. In this sense, the economic activity created by the businesses is to pursue social and environmental impacts, and producing information related to these effects is essential for the formation of structure for a sustainable business.
Sustainability indices are structures edited on first generation sustainability indicators, which are structures constructed in order to share information with consumers and businesses. The most important benefits are improvements in transparency without the need for regulation of the sustainability index, better understanding of the social and environmental impact of companies and the guidance for arrangements to minimize the negative side effects of company activities.
FTSE4Good is a responsible investment index designed to help investors identify companies that meet globally recognised corporate responsibility standards. It is the only index of its kind since it includes specific criteria on the responsible marketing of breast milk substitutes.
Key Words: Corporate sustainability, FTSE4 Good, Index, Nestle.
2. Belghitar, Yacine, Clarck, Ephraim, Deshmukh, Nitin (2014). “Does it pay to be ethical? Evidence from the FTSE4Good, Journal of Banking & Finance, No: 47, 54–62.
3. Çalışkan, A.Ö. (2012). “İşletmelerde Sürdürülebilirlik ve Muhasebe Mesleği İlişkisi”, İSMMMO Financial Solutions Journal, 133-161.
4. Balteiro, Diaz, Luis, Voces, Roberto, Romero, Carlos (2011). “Making Sustainability Rankings Using Compromise Programming, An Application to European Paper Industry, Silva Fennica Research Articles, The Finnish Society of Forest Science, The Finnish Forest Research Institute, Vol: 45, No: 4, 761–773.
5. Erol, İsmail, Özmen, Aslı (2007). “Sürdülebilirliğin Ölçümünde Çok Kriterli Karar Verme Yöntemlerine Dayalı Endekslerin Kullanımı”, YA / EM Operations Research and Industrial Engineering 27th National Congress, İzmir, 2-4 Temmuz, 1-6.
6. Hussein, A. Khaled (2004). “Ethical Investment: Empirical Evidence from FTSE Islamic Index”, Islamic Economic Studies, Vol: 12, No: 1, 21-40.
7. Kesimli, İffet (2013). “The Role of Auditing on Corporate Sustainability and Developments in International Regulations”
8. Öztel, Ahmet, Köse, S. Mehmet, Aytekin, İhsan (2012). “Kurumsal Sürdürülebilirlik Performansının Ölçümü İçin Çok Kriterli Bir Çerçeve: Henkel Örneği, History, Culture and Art Studies Journal, Vol: 1, No: 4, 32-44.
9. Sun, Mei, Nagata, Katsuya, Onoda, Hiroshi (2011). “The Investigation of the Current Status of Socially Responsible Investment Indices” Journals of Economics and International Finance, Vol: 3, No: 13, 676-684.
10. Tekgöz, Nuray, Önce, Saime (2009). “Şirket Sürdülebilirliği: Geleneksel Yönetim Anlayışına Altarnatif”, Afyon Kocatepe University, Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Vol: 11, No: 1, 249-275.
11. http://www.arge.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kurumsalsosyalsorumluluk1.pdf, 23.07.2015
12. http://www.borsaistanbul.com/docs/default-source/endeksler/bist-surdurulebilirlik-endeksi-temel-kurallari.pdf?sfvrsn=4, 12.05. 2015
13. http://www.ekoyapidergisi.org/726-bist-surdurulebilirlik-endeksinin-hesaplamasina-basladi.html, 24.04.2015
14. http://www.ftse.com/products/indices/FTSE4Good, 23.07.2015
15. http://www.ftse.com/Analytics/FactSheets/temp/d704dac7-4aed-445d-88ac-532210ffc8d5.pdf, 23.07.2015
16. http://www.ftse.co.uk/About_Us/FTSE_Corporate_Responsibility/FTSE4Good.jsp, 23.07.2015
17. http://www.ftse.com/products/downloads/F4G-Index-Inclusion-Rules.pdf Index Inclusion Rules For The FTSE4GOOD Index Series, FTSE, Version 1.6 June 2015, 23.07.2015
20. http://s360blog.tumblr.com/post/101989756223/gelismekte-olan-ekonomilere-ait-surdurulebilirlik, 23.07.2015
21. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/, 23.07.2015
22. http://www.tspb.org.tr/tr/Portals/0/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/AIM_Yayin_ve_Raporlar_Aylik_Yayinlar_2010_gundem_201005.pdf, 22.07.2015
23. http://www.nestle.com/aboutus/ask-nestle/answers/what-is-ftse4good, 22.07.2015
24. http://www.nestle.com/assetlibrary/documents/library/documents/corporate_social_responsibility/nestle-in-society-summary-report-2014-en.pdf , 22.07.2015