The Republic of Kosovo is a country that observes all the rights and obligations of its subjects with no discrimination in national, racial, linguistic sense. Even though we have these rights in place, in practice the situation is different and not very positive. This is since the non-majority communities Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian in Kosovo face several problems in different areas, especially when it comes to their right on integration to education. This paper will address and evaluate current policies and legislation of Kosovo for inclusion in education as a condition for completion of the education system.
This paper will be developed by considering the assessment of the Constitution and relevant legislation referring to the right to education for non-majority communities. Given all this legislation, it will be assessed in harmony with the practical problems that exist regarding access to the education system for non-majority communities. Therefore, this paper aims to bring innovation in this field of research aiming to identify how much the Republic of Kosovo is keeping a pace with the standards for inclusion in the education system, what are the reasons that in current state of play we do not have a satisfactory inclusion in the education by category of children from non-majority communities of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian in pre-university education.
Key wordS: Inclusion, Children from Non-Majority Communities of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian, Education Policy, Pre-University Education.
2. Law no. 03 / l-047 on the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Communities and their Members in the Republic of Kosovo, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2531;
3. Law no. 02 / L-52 on Preschool Education, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2401;
4. Law no. 04 / L-032 on Pre-University Education in the Republic of Kosovo, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2770;
5. Law no. 04 / L-037 on Pre-University Education in the Republic of Kosovo, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2761;
6. Law no. 03 / L-060 for National Qualifications, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2606;
7. Law no. 03 / L-068 on Pre-University Education in the Republic of Kosovo, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=2543;
8. Law no. 04 / L-138 on Vocational Education and Training, https://gzk.rks-gov.net/ActDocumentDetail.aspx?ActID=8676;
9. Strategy for the Integration of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian Communities in Kosovo, Education Component 2007-2017, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, https://masht.rks-gov.net/uploads/2015/05/strategjia-shqip-07017.pdf.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array