Cilacap Regency is one of the areas that have the highest level of natural disaster vulnerability in Central Java. Various types of disasters have the opportunity to occur and have an impact on the entire region. To anticipate the impact of these potential natural disasters, the district government has issued a contingency plan to reduce the risk of disasters.
This study aims to describe how to reduce the risk of natural disasters through contingency planning. The study uses a qualitative approach with the case study method. Data and information obtained through focus group discussions (FGD), interviews, and documentation studies. The informants were determined purposively, coming from elements of the government, private sector, and a community of 25 people.
The results of the study illustrate that the role of contingency planning is very important to reduce disaster risk. The contingency plan document clearly contains various guidelines and technical steps taken by stakeholders in anticipating natural disasters. The guidelines for the action plan are supported by techniques that can be easily learned so that the stages of the process of how to anticipate natural disasters can be carried out by anyone. The implementation of a natural disaster risk reduction contingency plan in the Cilacap Regency received support from the implementer, the environment, resources, and disposition.
Key words: Contingency Planning, Mitigation, Policy
2. Choularton, R. 2007. Contingency planning and humanitarian action: a review of practice, HPN Network Paper 59
3. Creswell, J. W. 1994. Research Design Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Sage Publications. London.
4. Edwards III, George C. 1980, Implementing Public Policy, Washington D.C. : Congressional Quarterly Inc
5. Faturahman, B. M. (2018). Aktualisasi Nilai Demokrasi dalam Perekrutan dan Penjaringan Perangkat Desa. Sospol, 4(1), 132–148.
6. Khambali, S. M. (2017). Manajemen Penanggulangan bencana. Yogyakarta:Cv. Andi Offset
7. Ramli, Soehatman. 2010. Petunjuk Praktis Manajemen Kebakaran (Fire Management). Jakarta: Dian Rakyat.
8. Vidiarina, H.D. (2010).Perencanaan Kontinjensi Tinjauan tentang beberapa Pedoman Perencanaan dan Rencana Kontinjensi.Jakarta: GTZ-International Services.
9. Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (2011). Panduan Perencanaan Kontinjensi menghadapi bencana.Jakarta: BNPB.
10. UU Nomor 24 Tahun 2007. Tentang.Penanggulangan Bencana
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array