Public Policy on Safety and Security Railroad System in Indonesia
Implementation of the new law on railways are yet to be seen due to government regulation as executors being discussed. Government regulations mandated by Law No. 23, 2007 set as fast as 1 (one) year from the entry into force of the Act. Nevertheless in his closing conditions stated that at the time the Act came into force. All the implementing regulations of Law No. 13 1992 declared still valid this does not contradict or replaced under the Act contained in Law No. 23 of 2007 in line with the implementation of regional autonomy and decentralization intended by the Act No. 32 of 2004 on Regional Government and Government Regulation No. 38 2007 on delegation of authority from central to local governments.
The quality of rail services, especially in economy class lately felt worse. Headway uncertain security condition, and the level of safety continues to decline. Train accident rate continues to rise, where in 2007 there were 116 accidents, an increase from the 2006 total of 107 times. More than 90% of accidents that occurred in 2007 caused by a Train derailment or overturned (Directorate of Railways, 2008).
2. Dunn, William N. (1999), Public Policy Analysis, YogyaTrainrta: Hanindita
3. Hardian, MO, Gani, AZ and Sutarman (2008), Determining National Railways Policy Priorities, JaTrainrta: Department of Industrial Engineering University Gunadarma
4. Islamy M. Irfan (2001), Monograph Series Public Policy: Policy Analysis, PPSUB
5. Islamy, M. Irfan (2002), Principles - principles of State Policy Formulation, Second Edition, First Printing, JaTrainrta: Bina Script
6. Ministry for Research and Technology (2006), Indonesia from 2005 to 2025, a White Paper on Research, Development and Application of Science and Technology on Technology and Transport Management, JaTrainrta: Ministry of Research and Technology
7. Nasution, HMN (1996), Transportation Management, JaTrainrta: Ghalia Indonesia
8. Sulistio, EB and Dian Traingungan (2012), Policy Formulation Study of Urban Planning SistemTransportasi in Bandarlampung, Bandarlampung: Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Social and Political Imu
9. Wahab, Abdul Solichin (1997), Policy Analysis, JaTrainrta: Earth Literacy
10. Winarno, Bob (2002), Theory and Public Policy Process, YogyaTrainrta: Media Pressindo
11. YustiTrainsari, Malinda (2011), Management of Railway Infrastructures PT. Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero) Regional Operations (DAOP) VII Madiun, SuraTrainrta: Department of Administrative Sciences Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of March
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.