Open Access Policy and Journal Ethics
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Journal Ethics Policy and Publication Malpractice Statement
By submitting a manuscript to PRIZREN SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNAL, the author warrants that the enclosed text is authentic and does not infringe on any existing copyrights. Moreover, it is the authors responsibility to that ensure that the manuscript contains no instances of plagiarism or self-plagiarism, properly cites all verbatim quotations taken from or paraphrases of other works, and that permission has been duly obtained for the re-use of any parts or elements of other works where permission is either implicitly or explicitly required by the copyright holder.
The editors of PRIZREN SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNAL may undertake certain measures, including but not limited to the use of online peer review software, in order to verify the authenticity of the received manuscript. However, the responsibility of ensuring the originality of the work and conforming to all existing national and international copyright laws lies entirely with the author. As such, the author will indemnify the publisher against any and all third-party claims arising from the breach of the aforementioned copyright infringement warranty.
All manuscripts found to not be following the authenticity guidelines set forth herein will be subject to automatic rejection and permanent exclusion of the author of the manuscript from future submissions to Prizren Social Science Journal, either as sole author or co-author.
Any claim of plagiarism that is received regarding an already published article will be duly investigated to the full extent. If it is found that a published article indeed fails to meet the authenticity guidelines of PRIZREN SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNAL, the publication of such an article will be retracted, wherever possible, and the author of the article will be excluded from future submissions to Journal, either as sole author or co-author. Further, in such cases, the publisher of may proceed with (civil or penal) legal action against the author, depending on the circumstances and severity of the infringement.
We check all papers against plagiarism using Turnitin Plagiarism Check.
It is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer and the publisher. Our ethic statements are based on COPE ’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the editors-in-chief to ensure that this policy is disseminated to all and followed through. If any third party believes that malpractice has occurred, they are encouraged to contact the Editors-in-Chief of the PRIZREN SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNAL. Where malpractice has been found to occur, the article in question will be removed from the journal. Individuals found to have deliberately undertaken actions that result in malpractice will be excluded from publishing in the Journal in the future. PRIZREN SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNAL adopt the COPE guidelines on publication ethics
Duties of Authors:
- Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s)
- Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted.
- It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
- Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated.
- Acknowledge the sources of data used in the development of the manuscript.
- All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor.
Duties of Reviewers:
- That all the manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of the author(s).
- That any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor.
- That all information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential
- That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Duties of Editors:
- That all the manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors.
- Any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed.
- That information pertaining manuscripts are kept confidential.
- The editor should respect the intellectual independence of authors.
The Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restraint acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.